Location: UBC Pharmaceutical Sciences Building, Atrium
Price: $5, contact any LKS member for tickets
LKS’ Alpha Lambda chapter is honored to invite you to our annual Manufacturers’ Night. This unique UBC tradition is a night where distinguished pharmaceutical manufacturers engage with pharmacy students in a dynamic, educational environment. Each year, manufacturers such as Pfizer, Merck Canada, and Abbott participate in Manufacturers’ Night by presenting their visions and products to our student body.This year, some manufacturers will bring in their scientists to discuss the clinical aspects of their company.
LKS is dedicated to supporting the growth of intellectual, leadership and professional skills required to enhance professional development in the field of pharmacy. UBC’s Alpha Lambda chapter engineers this philosophy through Manufacturers Night, an event aiming to introduce students to the manufacturing aspects of pharmacy to broaden their understanding of the pharmaceutical world as a whole. By facilitating direct interaction with the manufacturers themselves, LKS has connected students to the latest trends and product knowledge, and provided them with valuable networking opportunities. As part of LKS Alpha Lambda’s humanitarian efforts, a part of the proceeds will be donated to support local charities.
PCCA Compounding Bootcamp
Location: UBC Pharmaceutical Sciences Building, Multipurpose Lab (Pharm 3206)
LKS is proud to bring you the PCCA Compounding Bootcamp!
What is PCCA?
* Professional Compounding Centers of America
* They hold specialized pharmacy compounding training sessions in Texas or London, Ontario for pharmacists, technicians, and students
Benefits for you:
* The curriculum at UBC now places increased emphasis on clinical skills such as physical assessment but has decreased the emphasis on compounding certain dosage forms like capsules and suppositories
* This is your chance to learn some unique skills, as well as learning to use specialized compounding equipment that will set you apart from others when seeking employment
* Learn how to make suppositories, lollipops, suspensions, capsules, gels, foams, and much more